Happy Earth Week 2021! We love to celebrate the one Earth we’ve been given and commit to honoring the environment with not only our business (#nothingwasted) but also our diets!
While opting for sustainable products and recycling whenever possible are great ways to reduce your carbon footprint, one of the best ways to help the environment is to adopt a plant-based diet. Even small changes like reducing consumption of animal products (#meatlessmondays) can make a huge difference! Check these data points curated by PETA (2019)…
● It takes 2,400 gallons of water to produce a single pound of meat.
● Animal agriculture uses half of all water used in the U.S.
● 55 square feet of rainforest is torn down for every single meal with meat.
● An acre of rainforest is cut down for cattle farming every six seconds.
● About 260 million acres of U.S. forests have been cleared in order to grow crops used to feed animals raised for food.
There is no better time to ignite lifestyle change for your health and for the planet. With the world of exciting plant-based foods growing each day, eliminating animal products from your diet has never been more fun or flavorful. Enjoying a chef-crafted meal from Vito and Vera is a way to celebrate Earth Day today and everyday! Taste and see how delicious a plant-based meal can be.